So, this weekend I took all of my summer dresses and clothing out of my closet only to replace it with the autumn clothing I had stored in boxes during summer. This made me realize how huge a choice I have when it is all hot and sunny outside whereas my pullover/cardigan/scarf selection keeps within bounds… This is why todays top 5 is dedicated to my all-time favorite autumn basics: my fav accessory for wet, cold and windy weather is always going to be a comfy scarf around my neck! Paired with these burgundy gloves I try to keep myself warm when it is wet and windy and cold outside. Since we are (thankfully) still enjoying temperatures around 20°C these days I fall back on my black leather jacket almost every day as it matches every outfit and does not look like we are in the middle of an polar expedition yet (that is going to be the way soon enough!). It is a perfect match with these black leather boots which are perfection if you ask me and should it come down to being too cold after all, wearing a long woolen cardigan underneath is always a good (and cozy) idea! 🙂
Okay, so I herewith declare myself a hopeless iPhone photo addict. Do not judge me, but as much as I enjoy flipping through my instagram feed and looking at other people’s beautiful shots, I love taking, editing and enhancing my own photos on my phone before posting them on instagram or sending them to friends. And believe me, I have tried and tested lots and lots of apps until I found the ones that are really worth it:
1. VSCO cam (available for iPhone & Android): With VSCOcam all your secret wishes concerning photo effects and filters for your pictures will come true – believe me!
2. PicStitch (available for iPhone & Android): I mostly use PicStitch for creating collages in different styles, e.g. combine two or three pictures in one.
3. Whitagram (available for iPhone & Android): Since instagram only allows you to upload square photos this app is needed if you are willing to add a colored border or just post pictures that are not squared.
4. Rhonna Designs (available for iPhone & Android): If you like adding some text or symbol to your photos this app is a must-have for you! Lots of cute fonts, quotes and little icons in all colors are included and enhance every picture.
5. Autocam (available for iPhone & Android): Sometimes (when there is no second person around) this app comes in quite handy as it allows you to use the iPhone camera for taking self timer photos.
When I started reading blogs on a regular basis a couple of years ago there were only a handful of blogs I knew and even less that I really loved. As time went by numerous blogs were added to my Bloglovin feed and although I still absolutely love discovering new blogs and the stunning persons behind them, there are a few ones that I sticked to right from the beginning and that I am almost addicted to… Choosing a number of five blogs out of all these beautiful bloggers was definitely the opposite of easy, but here is my hot list of blogs you should totally be following:
1. bikinisandpassports by Vicky Heiler: Definitely number one on my list and an all time favorite of mine! Vicky has an exquisite taste both in fashion and in interior design – plus, I just love her way of writing! I cannot deny I am always beyond excited when she publishes a new post! And while you’re on it: she is editor and co-founder of another special blog that is more than worth a visit as well: thedailydose
2. kates-fashionblog by Katharina: This was one of the first blogs I started reading more frequently and learned to love. Katharina takes the most wonderful pictures and I especially love her ‘New In’ posts (e.g. from her California road trip this summer).
3. berriesandpassion by Nina Radmann: I have basically discovered this one via Instagram and though I have not been following berriesandpassion as long as the two above, it has become one of my personal favorite reads in no time. This blog has just the perfect mix of fashion, recipes, travels and fitness – plus, Nina is a real beauty!
4. hello october by Suzie: I have to admit that whenever I read a post on this blog I cannot help myself but laugh a little at her texts. Suzie is so natural and charming (you seriously must watch her videos) and made her way right into my top 5 favorite blogs in no time.
5. goldencherry by Miriam: sometimes pictures say more than a thousand words and though I enjoy a good read I often tend to only look at pictures and just skip the associated text. What I love about this blog most is its simplicity: few colors, text and a simple design – and of course Miriam’s perfect outfit pictures.
Have I ever mentioned that I am a total nail polish addict? There are very very very rare days where you would find me with no color on my nails – it really only happens in extreme situations like when I am ill or under a lot of time pressure and it never lasts longer than two days. During the past years I have gotten so used to always having my nails painted, I honestly feel a little naked with pure natural nails… However, I have tried and tested numerous brands and colors and always got back to one that for me is the best in durability and applying: essie (combined with their base and top coat it lasts about seven days without any cracking!). My favorite essie shades for the summer are ‘lovie dovie‘, ‘peach daiquiri‘, ‘blanc‘ and ‘bahama mama‘ (which I actually wear all year) and there is one special nail polish that moved in with me just recently: OPI’s ‘don’t know… beets me‘ which is probably going to be on my nails all summer long!
As much as I love playing around with different colors, textiles and patterns, sometimes a simple white tee (5) is all I need. Even though, strictly speaking, white does not even count as a real color (or maybe because of that) most of my favorite pieces hanging in my closet are white. It is timeless, elegant and especially in summer it makes you look just a tiny bit more tanned. One thing I find pretty annoying though, as soon as I wear a pair of freshly cleaned shiny white jeans (1) I find myself making a mess within hours (seriously, this never happens when I wear a pair of black jeans!). Anyway, two of these white key pieces I could not live without are a simple silk blouse (4) and of course a white (long or short) blazer (2). Wear anything you like, once you throw in a white blazer your look will always be elegant. Same goes for the silk blouse – white basics are so multifaceted, they enable you to create pretty much any look and appearance you like. Last, but not least: What would the world (or at least us girls) be without white Converse Chucks (3)? Yeah, right. With these words, I wish you all a blissful happy weekend!